Thursday, October 28, 2010

Charlotte Church Seriously Considering Country Music Album

International-platinum-album-singing-classical-pop-star Charlotte Church has recently spent some time in Nashville and is considering putting together a country music album. In an interview with MusicRooms.net, she explains:

The 24-year-old singer is currently promoting her new album Back to Scratch, which sees her experimenting with a pop sound. Charlotte shot to fame as a child star and released a series of classical albums. She says she would love to be trained as an opera singer and has also confessed an interest in working on some country music. Charlotte recorded her latest album in Nashville and felt inspired by spending time there.

“I didn’t go over there to write country songs, I just love being there. Nashville is just saturated with music and amazing musicians and writers and producers. I have been there a few times when I was younger and I loved the atmosphere. I went there for a month and took kids, it was lovely,” she revealed in an interview on This Morning. “I could definitely see myself being influenced by country. Some country music is amazing and absolutely mind blowing – Alison Krauss and the like. They are able to stay very true to their craft and there isn’t a lot of compromise there.”

Charlotte would love to showcase some of her new tracks and is considering going on tour in December. She has revealed her latest material shows off her “natural voice” and she feels far more “comfortable” performing the songs. While she is keen to experiment with other genres, she has ruled out returning to her roots and releasing another classical album for now.

“I have done that, my selling point when I was younger was that I had a big voice,” she said when asked why she hasn’t released a classical album. “Probably what would have been a selling point now would have been to get my kit off and release a catchy up-tempo number, but that’s just not where I am at in my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment