Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pam Tillis Headed Back Into The Studio For New Album

The list of new anticipated country music albums in 2011 just got one longer as Pam Tilis announced that she'll be going back into the studio early this year to cut a new album. In an interview with the Winnipeg Free Press:
And despite the emergence of country pop over the past decade, Tillis's last album, 2007's Rhinestoned, was an authentic slice of Grand Ole Opry-inspired C&W, and that's what fans can expect more of when she returns to the recording studio this year, she says over the phone from her Nashville home.
 "The older I get, the more mature I get, the more I appreciate my heritage and roots. Gosh, I wish more people would go back and listen to old country music. Young kids should go on YouTube and listen to the classic old-school guys; they would be surprised how cool the music was. It wasn't all done with bells and whistles and Auto-Tune; it was real and heartfelt. That's what inspired me," she says.
 "Sometimes it's so damn funny: I think it's a lot, then I look at somebody else's bio and think I'm a slacker. We all do what we can, and do what God gives us. I've had a lot of support over the years and I'm a pretty energetic person. I think I get that from my parents," she says.

She had always performed a song or two of her dad's in concert and, in 2002, she recorded a complete set of her father's material on It's All Relative: Tillis Sings Tillis.

"It was really organic; I don't like to be calculating. I always like to shoot from the hip and the heart. . . . I also felt confident enough as an artist. That was important for me to wait. I never wanted to ride on his coattails; I wanted to approach that project with some credibility of my own," she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment