Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Kenny Rogers & Cracker Barrel Unveil The Love of God For 3/7 Release

Kenny Rogers will become the first artist to release a second album through the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store exclusive music program when The Love of God becomes available on March 7, 2011. The album is an inspirational collection of classic songs that Rogers remembers from his childhood along with new recordings of contemporary songs. Two of the classics feature other artists: The Whites and Winfield’s Locket. Point of Grace is featured on one of the album’s contemporary recordings. This CD will be available exclusively at all Cracker Barrel locations.
The Love of God is the culmination of an idea I had been thinking about for years but never had the opportunity to bring to life,” said Rogers. “It’s been a musical awakening to me. To all of the wonderful musicians, vocalists, and songwriters who lent their amazing talents to this record, I want to thank you for making it so special. It seems I have a personal relationship with every song on it. For example, ‘In The Sweet By And By’ was my mom’s favorite song. When I was a kid, as I was leaving to go to school, I remember hearing her sing along with the radio. Music is by far the best ‘memory creator’ I know, and that memory is very special to me.”
Tracks on The Love of God:
1. Will The Circle Be Unbroken
2. Peace
3. I’ll Fly Away featuring The Whites
4. The Rock Of Your Love
5. In The Sweet By and By featuring Winfield’s Locket
6. He Showed Me Love
7. Grace
8. What A Friend We Have In Jesus
9. Circle of Friends featuring Point of Grace
10. For The Love of God
11. Amazing Grace
12. Leaning On The Everlasting Arms

No comments:

Post a Comment