Thursday, March 3, 2011

Emmylou Harris Readies Hard Bargain For April 26 Release

Nonesuch Records announced that Hard Bargain will be the new album from Emmylou Harris, out April 26. The album is the follow-up to her critically acclaimed 2008 release, All I Intended to Be.

The upcoming disc includes 11 original new songs and 2 cover songs. A deluxe edition of the album, which includes a DVD featuring six performances interspersed with interviews, will also be available.
"We did the whole record in about a month, which is quite unusual for me. But I had all the material beforehand. I'd written 11 of the 13 songs and I really wanted to include two more by other writers," Harris said. "One of the covers is Ron Sexsmith's Hard Bargain, which I absolutely love. The other is by Jay Joyce, called Cross Yourself.

"We did the whole thing with just three musicians, me being one of them. Jay, the producer, and Giles Reeves play everything between them. It's not a stripped down record though; there's only one song that's a little bare bones. I'm basically a slow ballad-y person, but Jay managed to really move the songs up a bit. But they still have the same emotional feel."
Track Listing:
1. The Road
2. Home Sweet Home
3. My Name Is Emmett Till
4. Goodnight Old World
5. New Orleans
6. Big Black Dog
7. Lonely Girl
8. Hard Bargain
9. Six White Cadillacs
10. The Ship on His Arm
11. Darlin' Kate
12. Nobody
13. Cross Yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment