Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Music Forthcoming From Deana Carter- An Exclusive Interview

Deana Carter broke through in 1996 with the release of debut album Did I Shave My Legs for This?, which was certified 5× Multi-Platinum in the United States for sales of over five million albums. It was followed by 1998's Everything's Gonna Be Alright, 2003's I'm Just a Girl, 2005's The Story of My Life, and 2007's The Chain. Overall, Carter's albums have accounted for 14 singles, including three which reached Number One on the Billboard country charts: "Strawberry Wine", "We Danced Anyway", and "How Do I Get There".


I had an opportunity to interview the charming Ms. Carter for Engine 145 where we talked about parenthood, her recent smash single she wrote for Kenny Chesney and an upcoming album she hopes to release in 2012. Check out the snippet below and then click HERE to read the balance of the interview.


I’m running around lately like my hair is on fire because there’s so much going on right now. I just produced a record on a girl named Audra Mae. She is FAN-tastic. She’s from Oklahoma and has a deal out here in L.A. on a punk label. I think she’s like Janis Joplin and Billie Holiday. She’s got this great voice and she’s an amazing performer and songwriter and artist and all that. We just finished her record a few weeks ago and that’ll be coming out in November I believe. So that was fun. I wrote with her a little and then she called me and she said, “I want you to produce my record.” I said, “Are you insane? What?” I’ve done all of my records and I’ve helped here or there on certain other projects. It was amazing. So we just wrapped that. And I’m going in shortly to do a record for myself as well. I’ve been writing a lot. And I’ve been getting a bunch of holds. I’ve had three Rascal Flatts holds and then they’ll drop them. And I’ll be “Dangit.” And now that I’m going into the studio, all my friends are asking what I’ve got in my catalog. I know they’re recording and I love them so much and respect them. It’s all really good all the way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment