Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Lyle Lovett Announces New Album Release Me To Be Released Late February

Lyle Lovett will be releasing his new album, Release Me, on Feb. 28, 2012. Produced by Nathaniel Kunkel and Lovett, Release Me represents the end of an era as it's his last record for Curb/Universal Music Group after being on the label for his entire career.

"I don't know really how it's gonna go, but I probably want to make my records myself and then figure out how to sell them after they're made," Lyle told Rolling Stone. "[Curb's] been great to me and they've given me my career, but I'm excited to see what's next."

From the press release: "Release Me is quintessential Lyle, mixing a smart collection of originals and covers that show not only the breadth of this Texas legend's deep talents, but also the diversity of his influences, making him one of the most infectious and fascinating musicians in popular music."

Lovett's new Christmas EP, Songs For the Season, was just released and is available at iTunes, Amazon and other online outlets. Also produced by Kunkel and Lovett, the EP features the Vince Guaraldi classic, "Christmastime Is Here," Frank Loesser's timeless "Baby, It's Cold Outside" and Lovett's own "The Girl With the Holiday Smile." "Christmastime Is Here" and "Baby, It's Cold Outside" feature Austin, TX-based singer Kat Edmonson on vocals.

No comments:

Post a Comment