Tuesday, April 10, 2012

An Interview With Jessica Andrews

This past week, I had the unique opportunity to do an interview with Jessica Andrews for Engine 145.

Launched when she was 15 years old, her debut album, Heart Shaped World, helped Andrews earn her first industry award as the Academy of Country Music's top new female vocalist in May 2000. In 2001, Andrews released her second album Who I Am. She earned her first No. 1 single with the title track, and received her first CMA nomination for horizon award. The album Now followed in 2003, with the moderate hit "There's More To Me Than You." Now was the title of Andrews' third studio album, also released on DreamWorks Nashville. Its lead-off single, "There's More to Me Than You", reached Top 20 on the country singles charts.

With DreamWorks closure and a subsequent record deal that also resulted in a record deal closure, Jessica has taken time off for a marriage and a career reality check. She has new music coming out soon with a new indie record deal. Check out the teaser quote below on the new project and then read the rest of the interview HERE.
"I think that I have a specific record in mind. For the first time in my career, although I have a lot of songs written right now, I want to start down a path that I’ve never done before. I told the label that they’re going to need to be patient with me and trust me on this. I’m going to create this as we go along. I have a bunch of songs that are written right now, but I don’t know if that’s what I’m going to do. I have a very specific album in mind. I’m booking writing appointments and writing with some very specific people that I want to make this music with. It’s just starting to come into a shape and form right now. They’re very understanding of my process right now. They trust me. I have a record that I want to make and I’ve never made before. It’s very challenging. I’ve never done this before. But I’m very excited to take on that challenge and do something that I’ve never done before."

No comments:

Post a Comment