Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hear It Here- New Christmas Single From Terry Bradshaw

Former Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Terry Bradshaw has a new country Christmas single out called "Lights of Louisiana" and it celebrates his youth.

"I especially love the levee line -- from New Orleans to Baton Rouge. It has my grandmother and grandfather in there. It's a flashback song that makes you think about your home, and when I do, I think happy thoughts. It's a real melancholy song, puts you in a mood to sip on some hot chocolate, and not say much, just think and reflect."

"As you get older, your past is so much greater to you than when you are younger, and you're trying to accomplish things, and set the path for your life. I traveled that path, and my journey is still going, but I'm walking much slower now than I did. I'm not a look-back person - I don't like to do that because it saddens me. But, when Jerry wrote the song and played it for me, I just fell in love with it. One thing that is nice about Christmas is that it comes around every year, and for my state, it will be around forever. My girls have heard it, and they love it. I'm doing it for them, so they better like it."

No comments:

Post a Comment