Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Collin Raye Finishing Up Glen Campbell Tribute Album

Collin Raye has stated many times over his long and successful career that he considers Glen Campbell one of the biggest inspirations and influences. It makes sense then that he made the announcement over Facebook this last week (and the Grand Ole Opry stage) that he is putting the finishing touches on his Glen Campbell tribute album that he hopes to release later this year:
"Almost done with a new project that I sure think a lot of folks will like. As many of ya know, I hold my long-time friend Glen Campbell in very high regard. I'm almost finished recording a tribute album of his songs, but I've just got a couple of little things that need to get done before we can release it."
The album does not have a release date yet and does not have a track listing, but it does have a guest star. This last Saturday, Raye took a picture of he and Ricky Skaggs side-stage at the Grand Ole Opry following both of their performances.
"Saturday night at the Grand Ole Opry I asked Ricky Skaggs to sing a song on the Glen Campbell tribute album I'm working on and he said yes!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment