Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Jeff Bridges To Release New Live Album on 9/30


Jeff Bridges has taken a short break from his busy Hollywood movie filming career to release a new live album that will come out on 9/30. Simply titled Live, the album features performances from their most recent tour in stops in California, Texas and Nevada.

Says Bridges, "I've been playing music since I was a kid, so there's a good back catalogue. Also, one of my main sources of music is my oldest friend, a guy named John Goodwin, who wrote a song for Crazy Heart, and he's written several songs on both of my albums I've got out. So we'll probably doing more of his songs on the (upcoming) studio album, too."

On "Live," Jeff and the band present great new renditions of songs associated with Jeff's career as well as some new songs, including their presentation of classics like "So You Want to Be a Rock and Roll Star" (The Byrds), Townes Van Zandt's "To Live Is to Fly," and Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Lookin' Out My Back Door." Also included is a new track by songwriter friend, John Goodwin, called "Exception to the Rule."

Live Track Listing:
1. Blue Car
2. I Don't Know
3. What a Little Love Can Do
4. Maybe I Missed the Point
5. Exception to the Rule
6. She Lay Her Whip Down
7. Lookin' Out My Back Door
8. Slow Boat
9. Van Gogh In Hollywood
10. To Live Is To Fly
11. Fallin' & Flyin'
12. Never Let Go Of Your Hand
13. So You Want to Be a Rock & Roll Star
14. Somebody Else

No comments:

Post a Comment