Monday, August 17, 2015

Josh Thompson Outlines Details On September's Change: The Lost Record Vol. 1 Project

Artist: Josh Thompson
Album: Change: The Lost Record Vol. 1
Label: Ole
Release date: Sept. 18, 2015

Josh Thompson has signed a deal with ole Digital to release a "lost" record, Change: the Lost Record, Volumes 1 and 2, as two EPs. The record was left by the wayside after Thompson left RCA for Show Dog-Universal, but now he's planning again to put it out.

"I called it 'the lost record' because over the years, I've had fans ask me, 'Where's that record? Is that record ever gonna come out that's got 'Comin' Around' and 'Change' on it?' And somebody called it 'the lost record' years ago, and that just kinda stuck."

Thompson added that he's excited to have signed with ole Digital, saying that "I'm looking forward to working with them."

Between Josh Thompson’s debut album, Way Out Here, and sophomore project, Turn It Up, he completed an album that was to come out under the Sony Records umbrella, but it was shelved when he lost his deal and moved to Show Dog-Universal Music.

“I always knew that one day I wanted to release this Change record, because I’ve had fans for the last five years asking me where were these songs and when could they get ahold of this record,” Josh said. “Finally, it’s the perfect time to release this record, since I’m on my own. It’s time to get it out there. I am super-excited the record is finally coming out.”

“It’s nice to be getting this out, finally, after all these years. People will now be able to bridge that gap between Way Out Here and Turn It Up, and it also will free me up to move forward and make a record of songs that you’ve never heard," Josh says, smiling. "It’s an exciting time. I don’t know what the future holds. It literally holds whatever I want it to hold.”
Track listing:
1. Same Ol Plain Ol Me
2. Work in the Mornin'
3. Over Me
4. Change
5. Gotta Go to Heaven
6. Livin' Like Hank (feat. Justin Moore)

No comments:

Post a Comment