Thursday, August 6, 2015

New George Jones Compilation Project Complete Starday & Mercury Singles 1954-62 Forthcoming in October

Artist: George Jones
Album: Complete Starday & Mercury Singles 1954-62
Label: Acrobat
Release date: Oct 16, 2015

George Jones was one of the biggest and most successful country artists of all time, racking up over 100 country hits during a career that lasted six decades, including nine number ones. Much of his early work can only be found on vinyl until this upcoming release.

This October, this 81-track 3-CD collection will comprise the A and B sides of all his singles from his debut on Starday in 1954, through his career with Columbia up to 1962, and then his first releases on United Artists during 1962. It naturally includes the 28 country chart hits which he enjoyed during that time, among which are his landmark No. 1s with "White Lightning," "Tender Years" and "She Thinks I Still Care." It provides a comprehensive overview of the crucial initial years of his career, and is a fine showcase for the distinctive style which transcended the changing tastes within country music over the years to ensure that he became one of the genre's iconic figures.

Track listing:

Disc: 1
1. No Money In This Deal
2. You'Re In My Heart
3. Play It Cool, Man
4. Wrong About You
5. Let Him Know
6. You All Goodnight
7. Heartbroken Me
8. Hold Everything
9. What'S Wrong With You
10. Why Baby Why
11. Season Of My Heart
12. What Am I Worth
13. Still Hurtin'
14. I'M Ragged But I'M Right
15. Your Heart
16. You Gotta Be My Baby
17. It'S Ok
18. Boat Of Life
19. Taggin' Along
20. Just One More
21. Gonna Come Get You
22. Yearning
23. Don'T Stop The Music
24. Uh, Uh, No
25. Too Much Water
26. All I Want To Do
27. Flame In My Heart
28. No No Never

Disc: 2
1. Tall, Tall Trees
2. Hearts In My Dream
3. Take The Devil Out Of Me
4. A Cup Of Loneliness
5. New Baby For Christmas
6. Maybe Next Christmas
7. Color Of The Blues
8. Eskimo Pie
9. I'M With The Wrong One
10. Nothing Can Stop Me
11. Wandering Soul
12. Jesus Wants Me
13. Treasure Of Love
14. If I Don'T Love You (Grits Ain'T Groceries)
15. White Lightning
16. Long Time To Forget
17. Who Shot Sam
18. Into My Arms Again
19. My Lord Has Called Me
20. If You Want To Wear A Crown
21. Money To Burn
22. Big Harlan Taylor
23. Accidently On Purpose
24. Sparkling Brown Eyes
25. Have Mercy On Me
26. If You Believe
27. Family Bible

Disc: 3
1. Your Old Standby
2. Out Of Control
3. Just Little Boy Blue
4. The Window Up Above
5. Candy Hearts
6. Tender Years
7. Battle Of Love
8. Aching, Breaking Heart
9. When My Heart Hurts No More
10. You'Re Still On My Mind
11. Cold, Cold Heart
12. I Want To Be Where You'Re Gonna Be
13. When Two Worlds Collide
14. She Thinks I Still Care
15. Sometimes You Just Can'T Win
16. Beacon In The Night
17. He Made Me Free
18. Geronimo
19. Open Pit Mine
20. He Is So Good To Me
21. Magic Valley
22. A Girl I Used To Know
23. Big Fool Of The Year
24. Not What I Had In Mind
25. I Saw Me
26. Lonely Christmas
27. My Mom And Santa Claus

No comments:

Post a Comment