Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mark Wills Readies New Traditional Album For 2016 Release

Mark Wills has recorded a new album and says it will be out "in a few short months."

Source

"It’s truly been one of the most wonderful, creative times in my life, and it’s also been one of the worst creative times in my life,” he says. “I went through several changes. I went through management changes. I’ve had a couple of agents that really just kind of screwed me over, and didn’t set me up for success. It’s been a learning curve for me over the last few years, and I’m happy to say that we are coming out of the learning curve, and we’re going to get back out there and make some country music.”

“It’s more of a traditional, lyric-based country music, which is the music that I make,” he explains. “We want to get back out there and create some music that is reminiscent of the ’90s country, the storytelling country music that I grew up listening to. I think that’s, in my opinion, one of the main things that’s missing from country music now. It’s OK to have a little bit of this or a little bit of that, but I think the genre is big enough to have some great lyrics [and] melodic country music out there, and [for] it to be successful as well.”

No comments:

Post a Comment