Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Maren Morris To Drop Hero Album In June

Artist: Maren Morris
Album: Hero
Label: Columbia Nashville
Release date: June 3, 2016

On the strength of her single "My Church" that's racing up the charts, Maren Morris announced this week that her debut album will be dropping on June 3 and is titled Hero.

After a decade of self-released albums and cuts from her songs from the likes of Kelly Clarkson and Tim McGraw, Morris finally gets her big label release she worked so hard for.

"I think being solely a songwriter helped with perspectives," says Morris, who co-wrote all 11 tracks on Hero. "I learned to write from different points of view and not just something I would say."

"This record really encapsulates everything that's been bouncing around my head for the past 3 years. It's woven with every thread of my influences, which pulls from the country and R&B landscapes. To borrow a line from one of my most introspective songs, "I'm not the hero in this story," which I wasn't... but that was then. I am the hero in THIS story, and it's taken a long road to be able to say that. Who I am as an artist, a songwriter and a woman today has been carefully shaped over time on my journey from Texas to Tennessee. They say never meet your heroes, but what if you just became your own?"

Tracklist:

1. "Sugar"
2. "Rich"
3. "My Church"
4. "I Could Use a Love Song"
5. "80's Mercedes"
6. "Drunk Girls Don't Cry"
7. "How It's Done"
8. "Just Another Thing"
9. "I Wish I Was"
10. "Second Wind"
11. "Once"

No comments:

Post a Comment