Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Sarah Darling Unveils Her Dream Country

Artist: Sarah Darling
Album:  Dream Country
Label: Pledge Music Indie
Release date: July 2016 (Kickstarter supporters) Early 2017 (Official Release)

The folks that backed Sarah Darling's PledgeMusic campaign this last year got a beautiful little surprise in their email box as Sarah Darling delivered her brand new album to her supporters. Sarah has this to say about the new project, her first as an independent artist.

"During the making of this project, I experienced so many beautiful moments. There was the time I got emotional in the studio hearing string parts being arranged on "Halley's Comet" at Ocean Way studios. Still, every time I hear the strings come in on the recording I get goosebumps. I hope you feel the same way! I think the greatest was truly connecting with the music. All of the songs chosen are from my heart and soul. There is something to be said about having the opportunity to have creative freedom. That's where the magic happens, when it's 100 percent you. I hope everyone in their life has that chance at whatever they do."

"The common theme is light. I believe my gift of music is to be a light in the darkness. Also to give a voice to the dreamer. I'm a girl who grew up in the wide open spaces of Iowa dreaming under the stars. Now you get to experience the things that have meant so much to me. Once you listen through you will notice the stars make quite an appearance. To me, that's my heavenly view. They have inspired me my entire life."

"What on earth is dream country? It's my world and my version of country. It's a love letter to Wyoming, because God really broke the mold when he created such a beautiful place. It's the cobblestone streets of Montmartre. It's a world I love writing about and escaping to.
The producer on the album is Larissa Maestro. She is an incredible cellist and string arranger. That's her real last name too. She is one of the most talented human beings I've ever met. My good friend Cheyenne Medders brought Larissa to my life and I'm grateful. The moment we played together it was magic. I am grateful to be a writer on 7 of the 9 tracks. The best part is, these songs were all co written with my best friends. People I love and believe in. Same goes for the musicians selected to record. They are were all handpicked. I know you will hear the passion in the recordings."

"Currently I'm putting some incredible plans to promote this album! God has made some opportunities around "Dream Country" that will make you happy to watch unfold." The stars are aligning, and I'm blessed to have the team of people around me."

No comments:

Post a Comment