Thursday, January 19, 2017

Marty Stuart (and his Fabulous Superlatives) To Release Way Out West On March 10

Artist: Marty Stuart
Album: Way Out West
Label: Superlatone Records
Producer: Mike Campbell (of Tom Petty's Heartbreakers)
Release date: March 10, 2017

“If you go and sit by yourself in the middle of the Mojave Desert at sundown and you’re still the same person the next morning when the sun comes up, I’d be greatly surprised,” Stuart says. “It is that spirit world of the West that enchants me. Everything that came out of California captivated my kid mind in Mississippi.”

On the first song released out of the gate, "Whole Lotta Highway (With A Million Miles To Go" (which you can listen to below), "I've always been a sucker for a truck driving song. It's a true song, lived through, written from years of experience. The Superlatives and Mike Campbell played and sang their hearts out on this track," says Stuart, summoning bluegrass guitarist Clarence White. "The scariest part for me was in the middle of my guitar solo, the ghost of Clarence White took over. At the end of the take, I had to take a walk around the building."

“Working with Marty and the Superlatives was a blast, and it was fast!” says Campbell. “My role was easy, just set up the sound and let them play. Great guitars, great grooves, great vocals, they just have it all. This record is one of my favorite things I have ever been involved with.”

Track list for Way Out West:

1. Desert Prayer- Part 1
2. Mojave
3. Lost On The Desert
4. Way Out West
5. El Fantasma Del Toro
6. Old Mexico
7. Time Don't Wait
8. Quicksand
9. Air Mail Special
10. Torpedo
11. Please Don't Say Goodbye
12. Whole Lotta Highway (With a Million Miles to Go)
13. Desert Prayer - Part 2
14. Wait For The Morning
15. Way Out West (Reprise)
 

1 comment: