Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Former Eden's Edge Member Hannah Blaylock Readies Dixie Chicks-Inspired Album

Artist: Hannah Blaylock
Album: Bandit Queen
Label: PledgeMusic Indie
Release date: First single: 5/1 - Album: TBD

From her humble beginnings in the vast Alaskan wilderness, to a rural cattle ranch in Arkansas, Hannah Blaylock grew up in a very musical family. Hannah has been singing and performing her whole life. She started a band in the 9th grade that eventually became the trio, Edens Edge. The trio was signed to Big Machine records in 2009. She sang and wrote their top 20 charted first single “Amen” and opened for some of her all-time favorite artists on four major country music tours.

In 2013, she made a polarizing decision to resign from the trio in search of finding her voice again. “I had no idea what would happen. Putting your purpose in life on the line is terrifying. But I had to believe following my inspiration was going to be the best thing for my career and art; even if it was crazy.”

Driving through Texas in early 2016 seeking the inspiration for the next chapter of her musical career, she connected with one of her biggest heroes, Emily Robison of The Dixie Chicks. She started writing with Emily and her husband, Martin Strayer. That led to Martin producing her debut solo album, “Bandit Queen.” “I never dreamed that when I started down this unpaved road, the artist that inspired me to be in country music from the start, would be playing on and supporting my music. It doesn't seem real. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment