Thursday, July 27, 2017

Julie Roberts' Shooter Jennings-Produced Album Looks Closer After Signing To Red 11 Music

Julie Roberts work on an album with Shooter Jennings looks closer to fruition as yesterday it was announced that she's been signed to Red 11 Music. The boutique agency out of Nashville- home to the likes of Will Hoge, Charlie Robison, Cody Johnson, The Old 97's, Sam Riggs and more- announced yesterday:
"We are excited to welcome Julie Roberts to the Red 11 Music family! Julie has sold over a million records in her career with hits like "Break Down Here" and "Men and Mascara". Her newest project, produced by Shooter Jennings Official, will be released soon. This new record Julie and Shooter created is by far one of the best records we have heard in a long time and we can't wait to share it with the rest of the world."
The project has been a couple years in the works with Roberts flying out to California regularly to work on it in-between touring. Jennings had this to say about why he wanted to work with Roberts via Facebook:
"I personally am extremely grateful for the opportunity to work with such a talent. I met Julie years ago when we both came out (around 2005 --- in my mind it's still around 2006), and I always loved her voice and her personality. My side of this story is that, it was always in the back of my mind to work with her. In visiting my sister Julie (who has since passed away), she brought to mind a song she always loved. She played it for me that day, the last day I saw her. The song hit me so hard (and I'm not revealing the song because it's a surprise, because hopefully it will be on Julie's next record), that I listened to it over-and-over-and-over again. Instantly I knew this was meant for Julie. I knew her voice would take the for-the-most-part-never-before-heard song to new heights. I sent it to her, along with several pestering emails with other ideas. I thought I might have finally run her off, but no! Now she's here and we shall begin work on her new record."
In an interview with Paste Magazine, he had this to say about the project:
"I’m really excited to work on it. We are about halfway done with that, but it’s been amazing. A lot of times when you work with other people, you get friction about certain things. Julie has trusted my vision, followed my lead and let me take some risks with it. She is willing to try different things. I have always loved her. She was always on my bucket list of people who I wanted to work [with]."
This will mark Roberts' fifth album release. Her first two sold over a million copies combined. She was nominated twice by the Academy of Country Music for Top New Female Artist, nominated by the Country Music Association for the Horizon Award for top new artist, and nominated at the Country Music Television (CMT) Awards for Breakthrough Artist of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment