Monday, October 23, 2017

Jimmy Wayne To Release Family-Friendly Kids Album Ruby Toons On November 1

Artist: Jimmy Wayne
Album: Ruby Toons
Label: Bea Hive Records
Release date: November 1, 2017

Nearly a decade after his third country record and literally hundreds of thousands of miles under his feet from tirelessly campaigning for the rights of foster kids across the country, Jimmy Wayne has found a new way to deliver his message and continue his work, a family and kids album inspired by the puppy he adopted on his well-documented walk across America, Ruby.

Says Wayne, "The music isn't a comeback record. It's simply a companion piece to the book Ruby the Foster Dog. Each song title is woven throughout the book. It's another way to raise awareness about foster care in a fun way.'

The songs are infectious pop/hip hop anthems that share timeless messages of hope and courage wrapped up in the cutting edge music of our time. 
 
“People don’t expect it from me,” he says of the upbeat pop coming from a known country hitmaker. “A lot of it comes from growing up in foster care. I was exposed to all genres of music. I have a cassette tape of me rapping when I was 13. It’s not something I just started doing. I grew up listening to it, all that music.”
 
“People really want to be entertained.  Bill Anderson once told me, ‘It’s not a singing business. It’s not a guitar business. It’s an entertainment business,’” says the artist who has populated the country charts with such hits as “Do You Believe Me Now,” “Stay Gone” and “I Love You This Much” and “Paper Angels” — which became a book and a made-for-TV movie — and has graced the New York Times Best Seller list with the autobiographical Walk to Beautiful: The Power of Love and a Homeless Kid Who Found The Way.

“You have to evolve,” he shares.  “I thought, ‘How can I get my message out about foster care? Am I going to be able to do that in a sad broken-hearted message?’ I’ve done that already. I did that in ‘I Love You This Much.’ So how can I reinvent the wheel and tell the story again like I did in Walk to Beautiful so that kids can understand and be inspired? 

How do I keep this mission alive?”
 
He found the answer by looking through the eyes of Ruby, the rescue dog he adopted while walking from Nashville to Phoenix to raise awareness for children who were aging out of the foster care system.  “When I started writing this ‘Ruby’ book I was so convicted. I could see the story. All I had to do is write it down,” he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment