Saturday, May 12, 2018

That Nashville Sound Saturday Newsbytes: Maggie Rose, Craig Campbell, Lori McKenna and More

Several new projects were announced in the last day or two and we've got some a couple musical performances worth the watch this morning on That Nashville Sound's Newsbyte feature.

- Maggie Rose is releasing her third digital 45 this coming Friday and you can catch a tease of both new tracks HERE.

- Amy Grant released a new song in time for Mother's Day called "Say It With A Kiss" that you can listen to HERE.

- Nashville's collection of some of the best female songwriters has a collective called The Song Suffragettes and each week they release a new performance video from their standing show each Monday night at The Listening Room. Today's song is "A Million Ways" by Jessica Mack.

- Haunting. That's the only description for this beautiful music video from Ashley Monroe and her new song, "Sparrow." 

- Craig Campbell is releasing a new 7-song EP on June 8 entitled See You Try. “For the past few years, I’ve created and found some of the best music of my career,” shared Campbell. “I’m beyond excited to release this EP and show the country music world what I’ve been up to. I’m very proud of the music and can’t wait for everyone to finally hear these songs!”

- There's not a more well-respected country music songwriter on the planet right now than Lori McKenna and she's back with a new album entitled The Tree that will be out on 7/20.  The first song released off of the new project is a doozy and is called "People Get Old".

- 1980's star Sylvia is set to release her newest CD, Second Bloom – The Hits Re-Imagined, on Red Pony Records June 8The new project includes 10 all-new interpretations of her No. 1 and Top 10 hits from her RCA years. “My desire was to bring my music from the ’80s into alignment with the music I’m creating today,” said Sylvia.  “I wanted to breathe new life into the songs as if I was recording them for the first time while still honoring their musical identity. I believe the spirit of the music is just as relevant today as it was when these songs first bloomed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment