Friday, July 20, 2018

Willie Nelson Tributes Frank Sinatra On Upcoming Album, My Way

Artist: Willie Nelson
Album: My Way
Label: Sony Legacy
Release date: September 14, 2018

It seems appropriate that country music's most-senior star would also be its prolific. My Way, Willie Nelson's new studio album, explores his admiration and connection to Frank Sinatra's art and artistry across 11 fresh, intoxicating takes on songs made famous by the Chairman of the Board.

Recorded in the tradition of 1978s legendary Stardust and 2016s Grammy Award-winning Summertime: Willie Nelson Sings Gershwin, My Way is a warm and personal nod from one icon to another. Included are Willie's takes on timeless tunes like "Summer Wind," "It Was A Very Good Year," "I'll Be Around," "Fly Me To The Moon," "What Is This Thing Called Love" (cast as a duet with fellow Grammy winner Norah Jones) and, of course, the anthemic "My Way."

Add Willie's stalwart backing band plus lush arrangements for full string and horn sections - all produced by Grammy winners Buddy Cannon and Matt Rollings - and you've got an album that promises to be as cool as it gets.

Nelson and Sinatra were close friends, musical colleagues and mutual admirers of each other’s work throughout Sinatra’s lifetime. In the 1980s, Sinatra opened for Willie at Golden Nugget in Las Vegas and the two of them appeared together in a public service announcement for NASA’s Space Foundation.

Willie Nelson – My Way Track Listing:
 
01. Fly Me To The Moon
02. Summer Wind
03. One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)
04. A Foggy Day
05. It Was A Very Good Year
06. Blue Moon
07. I’ll Be Around
08. Night And Day
09. What Is This Thing Called Love (with Norah Jones)
10. Young At Heart
11. My Way

No comments:

Post a Comment