Sunday, November 11, 2018

Up & Coming New Nashville - Liv Waters

That Nashville Sound gets dozens of new artists send us new material and it never ceases to amaze the amount of talent and creativity that lies within those aspiring singer/songwriters. It's doubly hard then to cut through that talent and create a name for yourself independently. Liv Waters has done just that with a powerful new song she'll be releasing shortly.

Waters has a new single releasing December 7th that comes with a mission: "I want to make a change with this song. It's called "When The Young Die" and it is about all of these senseless acts of violence out of pure hate and it's in the eyes of a victim. All proceeds of this song will go to helping all those effected in hate crimes, more specifically the Thousand Oaks tragedy that happened this past week in our backyards in California. I want to spread love, healing, and happiness with this single and I hope that you can help me do so."




Liv Waters is from a small town in upstate New York called Lagrangeville. When Liv was younger and her friends dreamed about boys and white picket fences, Liv dreamed of bright lights and music behind each corner. Liv began learning piano at age 5, followed by flute and clarinet at age 7, and guitar at age 12. She followed her father, a drummer in a local cover band, to gigs and soon enough, Liv was playing her own.

Music is my life--the only thing with me through the high school drama, the highs and lows of life, fights with friends, breakups, loss, the very best and the very worst days of my life. I haven't had anything make me feel quite like I do while I am making music. An indescribable comfort and passion that I wouldn't trade for the world."

Liv began writing songs at the early age of 8 years old with the musical influences of Country Artists Martina McBride, Shania Twain, The Dixie Chicks, and later, Taylor Swift and Kelsea Ballerini. "I thought it was normal," Liv says, "singing was just like talking to me like it is now, I thought everyone wrote poems and songs like they do sentences." She continues "It wasn't until I sang to my Piano teacher at age 11 a song I wrote about a friend of mine always being sad that I realized that I was different, God had given me a talent that not everyone possessed."

In her career, Liv has had the opportunity to perform on world famous stages including Carnegie Hall in New York City and The Bluebird Cafe in Nashville and she also was a 2015 finalist in The Texaco Country Music Showdown. Liv is known for her large social media presence with over 32k followers on various social media accounts including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. She has her music digitally released on websites including but not limited to iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music.

Now, Liv plays anywhere between 2-5 gigs a week ranging from local bar and brewery gigs, to county fairs and opening acts, to performance venues. She says “I write music because when I was younger I would hear strangers singing about things that I could relate to, almost like they wrote them for me to get me through. Wide Open Spaces by The Dixie Chicks specifically stood out to me because I loved my family, but I was just so ready to leave and run into my own life and music career in Nashville.” Liv concludes, “I want to make people feel love, heartbreak, and life in my music, and I want to make a difference in hearts around the world.”

No comments:

Post a Comment