Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Erin Enderlin To Release Faulkner County On November 1

Artist: Erin Enderlin
Album: Faulkner County
Label: Black Crow/Blaster Records
Release date: November 1, 2019

She's a writer for Nashville royalty, the kind that appreciate the depth and emotional power of a good classic country song. Among those she's written for include the likes of Reba McEntire, Joey+Rory, Terri Clark, Randy Travis, Lee Ann Womack, Rhonda Vincent, Alan Jackson and Bill Anderson.

She's also a storytelling artist- whose last project, Whiskeytown Crier, was a critically-acclaimed album filled with stories only further exemplify Enderlin’s fantastic ability to carve something out of the trials and tribulations of small-town America.

This time around on her next album coming out November 1 called Faulkner County, Enderlin receives storytelling help from some friends, as she is joined on a few tracks by Dillon Carmichael (“Whatever Gets You Through The Night”), Vince Gill and Alison Krauss (“Sweet Emmylou”) and Ronnie Bowman on a gorgeous and faithful rendering of the Gene Watson’s “Use Me Again.”

To know Erin a little bit is to know about Faulkner County. The proud Conway, Arkansas native might call Nashville home these days, but her Razorback roots run deep. In June, she took home three Arkansas Country Music Awards including Female Vocalist of the Year and Songwriter of the Year.

On the influence that her hometown had on her music, Enderlin says, "I think it was very influential. I brought a Conway Twitty record to show and tell when I was in kindergarten, and I am sure part of the reason I gravitated toward it because it was Conway. When you are little, you don’t know how to make different associations … plus there is a really strong music base in Arkansas: Johnny Cash, Glen Campbell. Growing up around all the other Arkansas writers, singer-songwriters, it definitely influenced the music I was making. Dan Clanton, for instance, an Arkansas singer-songwriter, he’s the one that showed me you don’t need the pick. Put the pick away and learn how to do the finger-pickin’ first. That’s been a huge influence on my playing, and my sound. I think there is a rich storytelling tradition in general in Arkansas. My grandparents were big into that, so I think that also really influenced me."

Track listing:

1 I Can Be Your Whiskey
2 Whatever Gets You Through the Night
3 The Queen of Marina Del Rey
4 Tonight I Don't Give a Damn
5 Use Me Again
6 Broken
7 Hell Comin' Down
8 A Man with 18 Wheels
9 Hometown Jersey
10 Till It's Gone
11 These Boots (Full Band Version)
12 Old Flames (Can't Hold a Candle to You)
13 Sweet Emmylou
14 Run Baby Run

No comments:

Post a Comment