Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Lindsay Ell To Release heart theory On August 14

Artist: Lindsay Ell
Album: heart theory
Music label: BBR/Stoney Creek Records
Release date: August 14, 2020

Lindsay Ell has announced she's dropping a new concept album of sorts- another step in the continued interesting career trajectory for the young singer/songwriter. The tracks take the listener along the path of the seven stages of grief: shock, denial, anger, bargaining, depression, testing and acceptance. “If my last record was called The Project, this one could be called the process.”

“I’ve learned to care a little less about what everybody thinks,” says singer/songwriter/guitarist Lindsay Ell. “Following my gut instinct, truly saying what I want to say—that’s the magic, the elements that make you relatable and real. Before, I was worrying about writing for radio, for fans, but now this is what I know, this is my journey. And the more honest I get, the more effective it is.”

With her new album, heart theory, Ell does just that, weaving the story of her journey of the heart in her own voice using her arsenal of tools as a musician and artist. “Theory is the science of music, heart theory is the science of a heart,” says Ell.

“The past couple of years, I’ve been through a lot,” she says. “A public break-up took me through all of the stages of heartbreak, I turned 30, I had a health scare and countless other hurdles. And I came out the other side as a full human. There are moments when life just smacks you in the face and you need to do the work of figuring out what that means, how it changed you, and how to take full control of your life.”

Ell points to several of the new songs as examples of her evolution and sense of maturity. “There’s a song called ‘make you’ that’s about a trauma that happened to me as a little girl, something I have never publicly talked about,” she says. “Holding pieces of our story back means missing out on the opportunity to feel inspired, changed, drawn to make a difference. I got into this business to change people, to make them feel something. So, it was important to me to get really honest and say that all of us have skeletons in the closet, but those things make us who we are.”

See the full track listing for heart theory below:

 shock
1. “Hits me” (Lindsay Ell, Tyler Hubbard, Corey Crowder)

denial
2. “how good” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
3. “i don’t lovE you” (Adam Hambrick, Melissa Fuller, Neil Medley)

anger
4. “wAnt me back” (Lindsay Ell, Kane Brown, Matt McGinn, Lindsay Rimes)
5. “get oveR you” (Lindsay Ell, Gordie Sampson, Kelly Archer)
6. “wrong girl” (Lindsay Ell, Steph Jones, Matt McGinn, Luke Niccoli)

bargaining
7. “body language of a breakup” (Lindsay Ell, Laura Veltz, Sam Ellis)

depression
8. “good on you” (Lindsay Ell, Sam Ellis, Micah Premnath)

testing
9. “The oTHEr side” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn)
10. “gO to” (Lindsay Ell, Nicolle Gaylon, Jordan Reynolds)

acceptance
11. “make you” (Lindsay Ell, Brandy Clark)
12. “ReadY to love” (Lindsay Ell, Jessie Jo Dillon, Matt McGinn, Joey Hyde)

1 comment:

  1. With the rise in the digital content creation, this era has borne witness to a lot of talent who are brilliantly capable to Bring Music to Life . Heart Theory by Lindsay Ell should be a change to my routine music playlists. Music is magic, and indeed Lindsay is following her gut.

    ReplyDelete