Friday, September 4, 2020

Wade Bowen Releases New Musical Project Called The Waiting


Artist: Wade Bowen
Album: The Waiting
Label: Bowen Sounds
Release date: September 3, 2020

Texas troubadour Wade Bowen went to social media yesterday to announce the immediate (and surprise release) of his new EP, The Waiting.  

Says, Bowen on the project, "I've spent the last few months trying to do something good with all this time and uncertainty. I’ve been listening to a lot of music, writing a lot of music, and recording a lot of music, and this EP is the culmination of some of that. Just trying to have some fun. And my band did a great job with it. It features some of my old songs from live albums that had never been recorded in the studio, a cover of my favorite Phil Collins song, and a brand new one I wrote a while back with my buddy Brent Cobb."

Bowen is an Texas Country/Red Dirt singer from Waco, Texas and a favorite of this particular website. Bowen was a member of the band West 84 with friend Matt Miller until 2001 when he left the group to pursue a solo career. Since that time, he has released nine solo albums and three collaborative albums with friend Randy Rogers including the fantastic Hold My Beer, Vol. 2 released earlier this year. 

The Waiting Track listing:
1. Getaway
2. Who I Am
3. Red Headed Woman
4. Mystery of a Woman
5. Fairest Lady
6. I Wish It Would Rain Down

1 comment: