Sunday, October 11, 2020

New Music Video From Sarah Jarosz - "Hometown"

Sarah Jarosz has released her music video for this brilliant new track "Hometown," from her new album World on the Ground. The clip, shot on location by noted cinematographer Matt Bizer in Jarosz's hometown of Wimberley, Texas, features a montage of images that beautifully capture the song's nostalgia and longing. 
 
"Looking out at the cedars and the oaks
The mourning dove sings beneath the sky of blue
All the thoughts that led her out
On that road, without a doubt
Somewhere they fizzled out
Now she's back in her hometown"
 
"This video was shot in my sweet little hometown of Wimberley, Texas, nestled in the heart of the Hill Country. I wrote this song with Wimberley in mind - my back porch, the creeks and birds, my family," reflects Jarosz.  "It's deeply nostalgic for me to see these images of my town paired with this song, especially since I haven't been able to travel home in nearly a year."

No comments:

Post a Comment