Sunday, June 14, 2015

Buddy Jewell Release Classic Country Covers Album, My Father's Country

Available through his site beginning this past Friday, Buddy Jewell has released My Father's Country, his first new studio release in 5 years. The classic country collection includes Buddy's rendition of hits from such legendary artists as Glen Campbell, Charlie Rich, Waylon Jennings and more.

Jewell has signed with Lamon Records, partnering with one of the oldest indie labels in Nashville. Jewell met Lamon Records’ producer and CEO Dave Moody at this past year’s George Shinn Foundation’s “Shinn-dig” at Lipscomb University where they were both performing for the TV Special that aired in Nashville on Christmas day.

“When Dave first approached me, it was like he was reading my mind… it was meant to be,” Jewell says. “I’d been toying with the idea of doing a classic country cover project and had actually begun picking out material in advance. One of the tunes I was strongly considering was George Hamilton IV’s “Abilene” written by songwriting legend J.D. Loudermilk. I’ve ALWAYS loved that tune. While talking to Dave, I became aware of Mr. Hamilton’s and Mr. Loudermilk’s friendship with the Moodys and Lamon Records. That helped to seal the deal for me.”
Track listing:
1. Is Anybody Going To San Antone ?
2. Galveston
3. In The Misty Moonlight  
4. Behind Closed Doors
5. I’ve Always Been Crazy  
6. Singing the Blues
7. Abilene
8. Green, Green Grass of Home  
9. If We Make It Through December  
10. Smokey Mountain Memories

No comments:

Post a Comment