Monday, January 11, 2016

Dierks Bentley Plans To Release Black In Early 2016

Artist: Dierks Bentley
Album: Black
Label: Capitol Nashville
Release date: Early 2016 (exact date TBD)

In an interview with EW, Dierks Bentley announced that his next album will be an album dedicated to his wife Cassidy Black and entitled Black. It will be his eighth full-length album.

“Some people associate red with love, but to me red is for an earlier stage of a relationship,” Bentley says. “Black is much deeper, to me. It’s certainly the sexiest color. [And] this record has a sexiness, in a well-worn leather-jacket kind of way. It’s not glossy sexy—there’s a realness to it. The kicker is that my wife’s last name is Black.”

“Everyone talks about new love all the time, but there’s so much to draw from when you’ve been in a longer relationship. It makes me stick my chest out a little bit. It’s like, ‘I know what you’ve been through, but you don’t know what it’s like over here.’ [Marriage] isn’t always commercialized as being cool, but it really is.”

“I ask myself all the time, ‘Why keep doing this?’” Bentley says. “If I wasn’t exploring or finding something to write about that was personal or meant something, there’d be no reason. If I was ever making a record just to make a record, or ever just like, ‘Just put something out there that someone will buy,’ I would quit. I really would.”

No comments:

Post a Comment