Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Wade Bowen's Gift For His Mom Becomes Newest Music Project Release

Artist: Wade Bowen
Album: Then Sings My Soul: Songs For My Mother
Release date: March 18, 2016

Country singer/songwriter Wade Bowen is set to release a gospel record Then Sings My Soul: Songs For My Mother on 3/18/16.  Recorded as a gift from his dad to his mother for a combination 70th Birthday/Christmas present last year, his parents felt it turned out to good not to share with everyone.

"I am at such a good spot in my career right now with a lot of freedom, so this felt like the perfect time to release such a meaningful project."
The idea of the album came from Bowen's father. "My dad came to me a few years ago and really wanted me to record a gospel album. It sounded like a fun idea but I didn't put much thought into it because my schedule was so crazy busy. This past year he came to me again and asked if I would finally make the album so we could give it to my mother for a combination 70th birthday and Christmas present."

The album will contain 12 tracks and feature new twists on standards "Amazing Grace", "Old Rugged Cross", "I'll Fly Away" and other songs.

Track listing:
   
Amazing Grace
I'll Fly Away
Softly & Tenderly
Just Over In The Gloryland
In The Garden
How Great Thou Art
Farther Along
Peace In The Valley
Precious Memories
Old Rugged Cross
Saved
Take My Hand Precious Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment