Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Sammy Kershaw To Release New Blues Album In May 2016

Artist: Sammy Kershaw
Album: The Blues Got Me
Label: Big Hit Records
Release date: May 13, 2016

Multi-platinum selling Sammy Kershaw has finally recorded the Blues album he’s been hinting at for years. The Blues Got Me features eleven songs with strong ties and sounds to Kershaw’s Louisiana roots.

In the official press release, Kershaw says, “I guess you could call it a ‘Cajunie’ Blues-type record. Lotta Cajun, Swamp-Pop Music and maybe a little bit of Zydeco influenced into this type of Blues.  Just a fun project.  Something a little different!”
"This album has been in the works for a long time and I thank God for giving me the opportunity to be able to record it and bring it to you," says Kershaw.  
 
This collection features Kershaw's take on timeless classics such as Chuck Berry's "No Money Down," the Allman Brothers' "It's Not My Cross To Bear" and the song made famous by Solomon Burke, "Where'd The Money Go."  This classic Blues album, produced by Kershaw himself, also contains seven originals written and co-written by the legend such as "I'm Going Crazy," "No Money Blues," "I'm Your Huckleberry" and others. 

1. The Blues Got Me
2. That Train
3. It's Not My Cross To Bear
4. Where'd The Money Go
5. Big Legged Woman
6. I'm Gone
7. No Money Down
8. I'm Your Huckleberry
9. I'm Goin' Crazy
10. Hot Night In Kaplan
11. No Money Blues

No comments:

Post a Comment